Dacorum Council Tree Works
Dacorum Council tree works are expected provisionally from 2nd March for up to a couple of months. In summary :
- Where significant defects have been identified, dead wood / damaged growth will be removed
- Some low branches over the line will be removed
- Growth around several sets of steps will be cut back
- Trees with severe defects will be felled or pollarded
- 16 large Beech located towards the Queensway crossing are lapsed pollards. Re-pollarding now would possibly be too stressful for the trees to cope with so they will have 50% of their canopies removed. This will appear harsh, and is actually a lot of growth to remove, but has to be carried out for safety reasons – old pollard growth junctions can fall apart.
If anyone has specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org