We welcome suggestions for activities – let us know your ideas
Not a Member?
No problem – everybody is welcome on our activities – but do check if we have a restriction on numbers and remember to book up
Why not become a Friend?
Litter pick on the Nickey Line in Hemel Hempstead Thursday 3 December from 9.15
Litter Pick of the Nickey Line in DBC Thurs 3 December from 9.15 am
Should governmant covid measures allow, Friends of the Nickey Line will be holding a litter pick on the Nickey Line on Thursday 3 December, meeting at Cherry Tree Lane Bridge at 9.15am, and walking towards Adeyfield Road. We expect to work for about 2 hours. A no. 46 bus leaves Bridge Street Hemel Hempstead at 8.51am and stops to close to Cherry Tree Lane Bridge
Please support what is a very important cause
We are limited by government Covid measures to a maximum of six volunteers on this event, so pre-register if you would like to take part. Contact Roger on 01582 763560 (no answer phone) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Individuals currently shielding, considered in ‘at risk’ groups, displaying symptoms (or in contact with those with symptoms) or have been directly advised to self-isolate should not litter pick.
· Volunteers are advised to wash hands before and after the event.
· We recommend you bring your own hand sanitiser or anti-bacterial wipes, and that you use them before, during and after the event.
· Volunteers are advised to provide their own gloves for the event. To reduce single use waste consider using working or gardening gloves.
· Volunteers are required to maintain social distancing, particularly at the start and end of the event when equipment is being handed out/collected, as well as during the safety briefing, which should be held outside at all times.
The Friends will give regular picking volunteers a litter picker and bag hoop for them to take home and bring to future events
· Volunteers are encouraged to review the government’s COVID guidance on outdoor activities:
- The Friends will provide litter pickers. litter bags and ring hoops The bags will allow for re-cyclables and general waste to be collected separately. The Friends will also bring hand sanitiser and disinfectant spray for cleaning tools
- Yellow tabards will be supplied
Why not come along to one of our working parties and help with the management of the Nickey Line?
If you are interested, contact us with your details and we shall email you with future work parties