As a Volunteer
- We run work parties throughout the year but particularly in the Autumn and Winter out of the bird nesting season
- Work outside with like-minded individuals and enjoy yourself whilst achieving something really useful
- Join individual work parties which can be on litter picking, coppicing, hedge restoring, undergrowth management, planting trees, exposing old railway sites and more... See our What's On for work parties scheduled in the near future
- Contact us to join our list of Friends’ Volunteers to be among the first to learn of the work party opportunities coming up.
As a User
- Join our Facebook Group and chat with fellow users about your experiences of the Line, your photos and memories
- Report any issues you see on the Line
- Join Friends of the Nickey Line The more members we have, the more weight we have with the local councils for example
- Pick up some litter when you are out on the Line. This really does help to keep the Line a pleasant experience for other users
- Be a considerate user whether a walker, cyclist or runner. See our Nickey Line User’s Code.
Do you want to help in another way?
If you have a specific talent or idea to offer we could be “all ears”. For example, do you want to:
- help us on our committee?
- lead a walk or a talk on a relevant topic where you have expertise?
Whatever it is, do contact us for a chat on your idea!