A short 2.8 mile (4.5 km) walk near Harpenden exploring the Rothampsted estate
- Apart from the Nickey Line and the main tracks (shown double), much of the route is on grass and can be muddy
- There is a gradient crossing the park, steeper close to the Dell
- There is no right of way directly through the Manor forecourt
- Just south of Five-Ways there may be a 4-feet high barrier to duck under (at the start of the footpath)
- The notice in front of the Manor ‘THIS WAY’ refers to cars; follow ‘KEEP TO THE FOOTPATH’ signs and avoid ‘NO ENTRY’ paths
- To find out more about the interesting Rothamsted Research Station, see www.rothamsted.ac.uk.
Enjoy your walk!